Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Mike Harding <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 14:34:03 UTC

nifi process running at 114% of node CPU !!?

Hi All,

The node in my cluster running nifi crashed due to a CPU overload event.
After restarting I analysed the CPU consumption and found that nifi was the
issue. As you can see below it was running at 133% CPU:

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  *%CPU* %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND

2031 nifi      20   0 3392960 990.7m  34124 S *113.4* 12.4   1179:47 java]

I have only one data pipe line setup that is receiving data through a
HandleHTTPRequest processor and after playing around and turning other
processors off in the pipe it was only when I stopped this process that the
CPU dropped significantly to around 10% CPU.

Its receiving around 67KB of data every 5 minutes from multiple requests
from a up stream web app.

Has any one else seen this behaviour and or know whether there are ways of
managing the CPU usage of HandleHTTPRequest ?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: nifi process running at 114% of node CPU !!?

Posted by Mike Harding <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for creating the JIRA - I'm unable to create a JIRA as I'm away on
holiday at the minute.

Mike

Posted by Michael Moser <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.