Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Charles Horan <ct...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/03/19 18:22:10 UTC

newbie question of the day

Is Tomcat currently, or in a future version intended to be a full J2EE
container?

Regards,
Charles Horan
"There can be no permanent catalogue of change. You must look at it with as
few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself 'Now what is this thing
doing'"

Re: newbie question of the day

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Charles Horan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:22:10 -0500
> From: Charles Horan <ct...@sympatico.ca>
> Subject: newbie question of the day
>
> Is Tomcat currently, or in a future version intended to be a full J2EE
> container?

Well, it's been done already (JBoss can use Tomcat as the web container,
for example, as does the J2EE Reference Implementation) so I don't
consider it likely.

> Regards,
> Charles Horan
> "There can be no permanent catalogue of change. You must look at it with as
> few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself 'Now what is this thing
> doing'"

Craig