Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2007/07/13 21:28:23 UTC

Re: Random thoughts on object model

Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski <at> apache.org> writes:

> > I assume that one can configure the map: language to be the default EL,
> > and that the default EL can be used without a prefix, so that we keep
> > back compatibility?
>
> Yes, default EL could be configured

Just wondering: Why introduce it at all? Is it just a prefix for what is
currently there ({1}, {../1})?

Joerg

Re: Random thoughts on object model

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.07.2007 15:36, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Sitemap use its own EL handling implementation. My main goal is to
> refactor EL usage in Cocoon so one set of interfaces and mechanisms is
> used everywhere. This will bring consistency across all the Cocoon and
> easier usage.
>
> That's why we need to introduce map language. In a fact, map language
> exists already there, we just need to refactor it so it fits in unified
> architecture.

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation :-)

Joerg

Re: Random thoughts on object model

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski <at> apache.org> writes:
>
>>> I assume that one can configure the map: language to be the default EL,
>>> and that the default EL can be used without a prefix, so that we keep
>>> back compatibility?
>> Yes, default EL could be configured
>
> Just wondering: Why introduce it at all? Is it just a prefix for what is
> currently there ({1}, {../1})?

Sitemap use its own EL handling implementation. My main goal is to refactor EL usage in Cocoon so one set of interfaces and mechanisms is
used everywhere. This will bring consistency across all the Cocoon and easier usage. E.g. today it's rather hard to use input module in
template, after my refactorings input modules will be replaced by EL mechanisms and if you create your own EL implementation you will be
able to use it everywhere.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski