Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 19:00:55 UTC

Does browser-based template or volume upload work?

Hey folks,

Has anybody else here used the “Upload from local” feature in ACS?

It seems that it does not work (at least in ACS 4.9.2.0). I receive the
following metadata to execute the POST request and send the template
binaries:
{"postuploadtemplateresponse":{"getuploadparams":{"id":"<ID-template>","postURL"
:"https://URLSSVM/upload/<ID-template>","metadata
….
…
..

The problem is that the request is aborted. I accessed the SSVM and checked
what application is configured to receive the request listening to the port
443.  The Apache HTTD is configured to listen this port. However, I did not
see anything specific to handle the “/upload” context. Am I missing
something!?

BTW: While looking the HTTPD of SSVM I found out that SSVMs are enabling
anybody to access “/cgi-bin/ipcalc”. Why is this application there?! I know
organizations that need to expose these systems to the Internet, and that
is accessible to everybody.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Does browser-based template or volume upload work?

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
We are using 4.7.1
It works fine after some changes

for example:
1. set max.account.secondary.storage in global setting to another value
other than -1.
2. increase upload.operation.timeout, from default 10 min to larger value,
eg 120.

-Wei

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Does browser-based template or volume upload work?

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Never mind folks,

--
Rafael Weingärtner