Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rahul kshirsagar <ra...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/12/22 16:21:39 UTC

validation.xml

Hi,

I am using validation.xml in my application.It takes care of client side as well as server side validations.It is working fine.But i dont understand how exactly it takes care of both validations.

Regards,
Rahul.

Re: validation.xml

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/05, Srinivas Jadcharla <jd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When it looks validate = true in struts-config.xml and when you form extends
> ValidatorForm it looks for validations in Validator.xml this is how Client
> Side Validation Works.How Exactly you are implementing Serverside
> validations?

<snip/>

Look at Commons Validator:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/

Server-side bits:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/apidocs/index.html

-Rahul

Re: validation.xml

Posted by Pazhanikanthan Periasamy <Pa...@caritor.com>.
Hello Srinivas,

When Struts identifies the attribute validate="true" in its config files,
it check whether the Validator Plug In is configured in the configuration.
Then it checks if the validation.xml contains the form name which is being
accessed. If yes, it identifies the form fields to be validated and calls
the plugin methods for validation.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P
Project Leader,
Caritor (India) Pvt. Ltd.,
Madras - 600 006
Mob: 9886152717
Extn: 40123

Srinivas Jadcharla <jd...@gmail.com>
12/22/2005 08:59 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

<ra...@rediffmail.com>
cc

Subject
Re: validation.xml

--
Thanks & RegardsSrinivas732-648-9421(Cell)

Re: validation.xml

Posted by Srinivas Jadcharla <jd...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & RegardsSrinivas732-648-9421(Cell)

Re: validation.xml

Posted by Pazhanikanthan Periasamy <Pa...@caritor.com>.
I believe you would have read this article from Struts documentation.

http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.4/userGuide/dev_validator.html

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P
Project Leader,