Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Marc Jambert <ma...@vegatechnologies.fr> on 2004/08/06 10:23:27 UTC

[Collections] PB with LRUMap serialization

Hi all

I have met a strange problem while serializing/deserializing LRUMaps.

I am performing the following operations in my code:
1) If serialized file exists, deserialize LRUMap
2) Fill LRUMap
3) Serialize LRUMap to file

I run my program several times, and the memory is growing over and over
at each run ! After 10 runs the deserialization of a file of 1850 bytes
ends up in taking 300megs in memory. The strange thing is that :

* The number of entries is the same each time
* The size of the file cache on disk is always the same (though the file
is modified)

I replaced the LRUMap with a classical HashMap and do not have any
memory problem.

Any clue ? Is there some kind of memory leak ?

Thanks!

--
|           Marc Jambert           |

Re: [Collections] PB with LRUMap serialization

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Can you supply a test case demonstrating the problem
please ;-) The serialization aspects were new in
collections 3.1 so may have an odd bug.

Stephen

 --- Marc Jambert <ma...@vegatechnologies.fr>