Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Asif <as...@persistent.co.in> on 2008/08/28 12:43:01 UTC

Making war file using Maven

Has anyone worked on it.

Where can I get a sample build file for the same and start.

Regards

DISCLAIMER
==========

RE: Making war file using Maven

Posted by Saket Lakshminarayan Chiluveru <Sa...@infosys.com>.

Check out the sample chapters attached to the book called "Maven-definitive-guide".

Check this link for all downloads and other references.
http://maven.apache.org/articles.html

Where can I get a sample build file for the same and start.

Regards

DISCLAIMER
==========

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Making war file using Maven

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/28 Asif <as...@persistent.co.in>

> Has anyone worked on it.
>
> Where can I get a sample build file for the same and start.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/usage.html

Regards

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: Making war file using Maven

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Asif <as...@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Has anyone worked on it.
>
> Where can I get a sample build file for the same and start.

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp

... and answer the prompts about group and artifact ids.  It will
create a skeleton webapp project for you.

(You can leave off the archetypeArtifactId and it will give you a list
of archetypes to choose from.)

--
Wendy

Re: Making war file using Maven

Posted by David Brown <da...@davidwbrown.name>.
Hello Asif, you will have to start with the PDF tutorials. Use the Archetypes to create a project that creates a (dot).jar. Then, you will have to add in something like the following in your pom.xml:

<packaging>war</packaging>

Asif wrote ..
> Has anyone worked on it.
>
> Where can I get a sample build file for the same and start.
>

> Regards
>

> DISCLAIMER
> of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete
> all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability
> for virus infected mails.
Yet some, not wise, go to the other side of the globe, to barbarous and unhealthy regions, and devote ten or twenty years, in that they may live,-that is, keep comfortably warm,- and die in New England at last.

Henry David Thoreau - Walden - 1845