Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by y_...@tsmc.com on 2009/08/21 04:12:23 UTC

HBase-0.20.0 multi read

Hi there,

It worked well while I fired 5 threads to fetch data from HBASE,but
it failed after I incresed to 6 threads.
Although it showed some WARN, the thread job can't be done!
My hbase is the latest version hbase0.20.
I want to test HBase multi read performance.
Any suggestion?
Thank you

Fleming

hbase-env.sh
   export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=true

09/08/21 09:54:07 WARN zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to create /hbase
-- check quorum servers, currently=10.42.253.182:2181
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
      at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
      at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
      at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.create(ZooKeeper.java:522)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.ensureExists(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:342)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.ensureParentExists(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:365)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper.checkOutOfSafeMode(ZooKeeperWrapper.java:478)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRootRegion(HConnectionManager.java:846)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:515)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:491)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:565)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:524)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:491)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:565)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:528)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:491)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:123)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:101)
      at
org.gridgain.examples.executor.FlowJob.getHBaseData(FlowJob.java:144)
      at org.gridgain.examples.executor.FlowJob.call(FlowJob.java:78)
      at org.gridgain.examples.executor.FlowJob.call(FlowJob.java:1)
      at
org.gridgain.grid.kernal.executor.GridExecutorCallableTask$1.execute(GridExecutorCallableTask.java:57)
      at
org.gridgain.grid.kernal.processors.job.GridJobWorker.body(GridJobWorker.java:406)
      at
org.gridgain.grid.util.runnable.GridRunnable$1.run(GridRunnable.java:142)
      at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
      at
org.gridgain.grid.util.runnable.GridRunnable.run(GridRunnable.java:194)
      at
      at
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by
 immediately. Thank you.

Re: HBase-0.20.0 multi read

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Are your zk servers the same as the hbase regionservers?

What is your setup?

What were the warn messages? Can you post them here?

--

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student

Re: HBase-0.20.0 multi read

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
You ideally want to have 3-5 servers outside the hbase servers... 1
server is not enough. That could to be causing you the trouble.

Post logs from the master and the region server where the read failed.

Also, what's your configuration? How many nodes, ram, cpus etc?