Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Juan José Ramos <jj...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 15:22:59 UTC

Wiki - 'Quick tour of text analysis using the Mahout command line' clarification

In the wiki page: 'Quick tour of text analysis using the Mahout command
line'.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Quick+tour+of+text+analysis+using+the+Mahout+command+line

At the very bottom it is said that

   1. This will generate the 10 most similar docs to each doc in the
   collection.

   1. Examine the similarity list:
   mahout seqdumper -i reuters-matrix/matrix | more

Instead of reuters-matrix/matrix, shouldn't it be reuters-similarity/
part-r-00000 since that is the file of the output of rowsimilarity? Or does
on the contrary the rowsimilarity tool also write to reuters-matrix/?

I would expect to contain the 10 most similar documents for every document
in the reuters' catalogue. Is that correct?

Many thanks.
Juanjo.

Re: Wiki - 'Quick tour of text analysis using the Mahout command line' clarification

Posted by Juan José Ramos <jj...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.