Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Adrian Gschwend <ml...@netlabs.org> on 2013/02/19 14:54:07 UTC

Feature request for RdfViewable

Hi,

I raised a new issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-946

Currently RDF representations are quite static and I can't influence
much, this could be easily configured in RDF as well IMHO.

As an example if I have a foaf:Person I would like to be able to expand
on all foaf:knows of that foaf:Person.

cu

Adrian

Re: Feature request for RdfViewable

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Adrian Gschwend <ml...@netlabs.org> wrote:

> On 19.02.13 15:01, Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
>
> Hi Reto,
>
> > Am I right that  http://vocab.netlabs.org/recipe#ingredient_domain
> > points to the property that should be expanded? In the simplest case
> > this would be an equilvalent to the query-param xPropObj. What we
> > would also need is the inverse, i.e. an equivalent to xProSubj. In
> > your example you might also want to expand the resource which has an
> > eg:employ property pointing to you.
>
> Good point, in the foaf:knows case this could be the people which
> foaf:know the foaf:Person I care about one could expand them too.
>
> I'm actually not supper happy with the terms I've choosen back then,
> maybe it's time to change that. What about ingredientProperty and
> ingredientInverseProperty?
>
> Sounds good to me.

I'll see that I can add a simple implementation. Any maybe add a usage
example to the archetype I'm working on.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Adrian Gschwend <ml...@netlabs.org>.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Adrian!

I saw your issue. Indeed I think this would be a nice feature. The client
shouldn't be bothered with having to pass query parameters to get the
expansion they need.

I looked at your ontology. It looks like an interesting starting point.