Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by zangds <za...@ihep.ac.cn> on 2010/10/30 20:41:33 UTC

how to create Keyspaces and ColumnFamilies in 0.7.0 beta2?

Should it be defined in cassandra.yaml?
Or, create it on dynamic?

2010-10-30

zangds

Re: Re: how to create Keyspaces and ColumnFamilies in 0.7.0 beta2?

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@riptano.com>.
Use bin/schematool

For example, locally I would use:

bin/schematool localhost 8080 import

- Tyler

Re: Re: Re: how to create Keyspaces and ColumnFamilies in 0.7.0 beta2?

Posted by Bingbing Liu <ru...@gmail.com>.
use the jconsole to open cassandra MBean and then find :

org.apahce.cassandra.service--->StorageService--->operations---->loadSchemaFromYAML

2010-11-01

Bingbing Liu

how to "import yaml declaration once throw JMX“?

2010-10-30

zangds

I'm sorry but i mistaken, the example mut lokks like this:

create keyspace test_1 with replication_factor=1;
use test_1;
create column family value with column_type='Standard' and comparator='AsciiType' and rows_cached=0.5 and key_cache_size=4000000;

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/LiveSchemaUpdates

2010/10/31 ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>

It should be creatted dinamicly, But you can import yaml declaration once throw JMX

To create dynamicly you can use cassandra-cli

Here some example of use it

create keyspace test_1;
use test_1;
create column family value with replication_factor=1 and column_type='Standard' and comparator='AsciiType' and rows_cached=0.5 and key_cache_size=4000000;

Posted by zangds <za...@ihep.ac.cn>.
Thank you.

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ruslan usifov <ru...@gmail.com>.