Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bruce <br...@centerstage.com> on 2007/11/26 22:40:58 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.14 startup on Windows

I am using tomcat6w.exe to setup and configure. I would like to start up
Tomcat as a service with an icon on my taskbar.

The help says this is possible with the //MS// option. However, there is
no explanation or example of where to put the option. I have tried
putting it everywhere I think it should go. Does anyone here know?

Related (I think) issue: I have Tomcat set to startup type, "Automatic."
The only argument on the startup tab is "start" When Tomcat starts, I
get a command window that needs to be minimized. The last line says,
"INFO: server startup in 1059 seconds." If I close the window, Tomcat
stops. I do not want my customers to be seeing this window. Is there any
way of getting rid of this window and still have Tomcat running?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Re: Tomcat 6.0.14 startup on Windows

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
Posted by Bruno Vilardo <br...@gmail.com>.
Hello Folks,

Posted by Bruce <br...@centerstage.com>.
Thank you. That might be what I am looking for.

Posted by Bruce <br...@centerstage.com>.
Thank you for the tip. I'll try it.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Bruce <br...@centerstage.com>.
IT WORKS! Thanks for the information.

Now, if only I could get the icon on the taskbar, I would be completely
happy. But, I'm happy now.

Bruce

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Bruce [mailto:bruce@centerstage.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6.0.14 startup on Windows
>
> The help says this is possible with the //MS// option.

Can't answer that one.

> When Tomcat starts, I get a command window that needs
> to be minimized.

You appear to have the "Allow service to interact with desktop" check
box set inside the Log On tab of tomcat6w.  Just clear it, and the
window will not be created.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.