Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com> on 2004/12/07 18:49:44 UTC

Symbolic links for folders

Should I be able to svn add and ci a symbolic link that is pointing to a
folder?  For some reason, when this feature was being designed I thought
it was limited to files.

What would be the expected behavior?  It looks like it allows me to do
this.  After I do, the files within the linked folder do not show up in
svn st.  So I assume Subversion will only go as far as the folder itself.

I am working on a problem someone reported with this for Subclipse.  The
issue is that in Subclipse, we show those files under the symbolic link as
unversioned, which is inconsistent with the command line.  I am just
looking for clarification as to what we ought to be doing.

Thanks