Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by evergreen方 <40...@qq.com> on 2014/08/26 08:37:22 UTC

Automatically trim some char-type-columns when importing data from DB2 to Hive

‍‍‍Sourse Database:DB2
Target: HBase

There are lots of columns in my DB2 table which include many char-type-colums designed with fixed length.

So each time I write sql to import some data from db2 to hbase, I should be extraodinaryly careful and patient to look for these fixed-lengh-char columns, and brace them with trim function.

It's really a boring thing.

So, could it be possible for sqoop automatically trim all columns with no need to use trim function in query statement?

‍