Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2012/02/11 18:34:13 UTC

BSDCan (was Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland)

+1

I proposed a talk about AOO for the next BSDCan:

http://www.bsdcan.org/2012/

I actually have to prepare another, more technical, talk
for the same event so having a standard presentation
template to start with would be good.

Pedro.

Re: BSDCan (was Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland)

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 09:34 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> +1
>
> I proposed a talk about AOO for the next BSDCan:
>
> http://www.bsdcan.org/2012/
>
> I actually have to prepare another, more technical, talk
> for the same event so having a standard presentation
> template to start with would be good.
>
> Pedro.

Don H. has provided a place to start.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Presentations

//drew

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Re: BSDCan

Posted by Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org>.
>>> I proposed a talk about AOO for the next BSDCan:
>>>
>>> http://www.bsdcan.org/2012/

+1
as a FreeBSD ports committer.
thanks
 Nakata Maho

From: Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: BSDCan (was Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 00:00:27 -0500

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
HI,

On 14 February 2012 10:52, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 2/14/12 2:50 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>

>> On 14 February 2012 03:19, Jürgen Schmidt<jo...@googlemail.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> sure ;-)
>>>

>>>  Given that your

>>> If the paper will be accepted (and I hope it will) I will give the
>>> presentation in German. The last time I have presented at LinuxTag I
>>> start
>>> in English and switched then to German because the audience preferred
>>> German.
>>>
>>> Juergen
>>

>> Okay; thanks. I think that it would actually be useful to have your
>> presentation, esp. if it includes or references technical details,
>> available for others outside of LinuxTag.
>

> I think the idea comes up already to prepare a presentation that can be
> translated and used at different events etc.

Yes, I know. But I also know that having more than one option is a good option.

-louis

Re: BSDCan (was Re: OpenOffice.org meetup in Holland)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 2/14/12 2:50 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Hi.
>

> On 14 February 2012 03:19, Jürgen Schmidt<jo...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> On 2/14/12 6:00 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>>
>>> Juergen, would you accept constructive critique?
>>
>> sure ;-)
>>

>>   Given that your
>>>
>>> presentation effectively would be representing the work being done and
>>> to be done, it would be good to have clear, forceful language….  and
>>> last I heard, English as she is spoke is me native tongue. ;-)
>>
>> If the paper will be accepted (and I hope it will) I will give the
>> presentation in German. The last time I have presented at LinuxTag I start
>> in English and switched then to German because the audience preferred
>> German.
>>
>> Juergen
>
> Okay; thanks. I think that it would actually be useful to have your
> presentation, esp. if it includes or references technical details,
> available for others outside of LinuxTag.

I think the idea comes up already to prepare a presentation that can be
translated and used at different events etc.

> The point is that many many large groups of people are wondering about
> the future of AOO.
sure, and we should work on a better communication. We have so many
things to do ...

Juergen

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Hi.