Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rumpa Giri <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/04 04:21:34 UTC

OCI vs THIN

For production environment it has been recommended that we use OCI driver.

Based on the oracle JDBC guide, with oracle 10g there is not much difference in the two drivers in terms of capability.

We would like to know is there any documentation/links/whitepapers on the above? Is there any data proving that OCI performs better than THIN driver?

What are you using for your production JDBC driver? Have you had a chance to compare the two before making the decision?

Thanks,
Rumpa Giri

---------------------------------

Re: OCI vs THIN

Posted by Breno Jacinto <br...@freeunix.com.br>.
Hi,

    I recall that I had to use OCI drivers because the THIN driver did
not support XML DB capabilites. Is that still true today?

cheers,
:: Breno Jacinto ::
:: breno - at - gprt.ufpe.br ::
:: FingerPrint ::
   2F15 8A61 F566 E442 8581
   E3C0 EFF4 E202 74B7 7484
:: Persistir no difícil é a única maneira de torná-lo fácil algum dia.  ::

Re: OCI vs THIN

Posted by Alexey Solofnenko <A....@mdl.com>.

Rumpa Giri wrote:
> For production environment it has been recommended that we use OCI
> driver.
>
> Based on the oracle JDBC guide, with oracle 10g there is not much
> difference in the two drivers in terms of capability.
>
> We would like to know is there any documentation/links/whitepapers on
> the above? Is there any data proving that OCI performs better than THIN
> driver?
>
> What are you using for your production JDBC driver? Have you had a
> chance to compare the two before making the decision?
>
> Thanks,
> Rumpa Giri

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try
> it now.

Alexey N. Solofnenko <http://trelony.cjb.net/>
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)