Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Florian Boulay <fl...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 18:15:21 UTC

problem using Chainsaw, "found non matching line"

Hello,

Since 2 days, I am trying to configure Chainsaw v2 for parsing my log4j log
files, but it always returns "found non matching line...".

Here is my log4j configuration :
<appender name="crm" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
            <param name="ConversionPattern" value="[%d{dd MMM yyyy
HH:mm:ss,SSS}] [%p] user: [%x] %c | %m%n"/>
        </layout>
</appender>

And my Chainsaw configuration :
<plugin name="logFileReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
        <param name="fileURL" value="file:///c:/app.log" />
        <param name="timestampFormat" value="dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
        <param name="logFormat" value="[TIMESTAMP] [LEVEL] user: [*] * |
MESSAGE"/>
        <param name="name" value="log app" />
        <param name="tailing" value="true" />
</plugin>

It does not work. I tried a lot of logFormat, but I do not manage to get it
work. Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Re: problem using Chainsaw, "found non matching line"

Posted by Florian Boulay <fl...@gmail.com>.
If course I will try the new version as soon as I can. I will give you a
feedback in a few days.

Le 23 juil. 2010 18:49, "Scott Deboy" <sc...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Glad to help..

If you have an interest/ability in trying out the latest version of
Chainsaw, there are a lot of new features (and some improvements to
VFSLogFilePatternReceiver).

I've uploaded a build of the standalone.zip and a screen video to
http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy/

See the release notes (in the help menu) for a list of features that have
been added (note there's now a thumbnail bar on the right w/colors, and the
marker field is editable so notes can be added to events).

Interested in any feedback folks want to provide...

Scott

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Florian Boulay <florian.boulay@gmail.com

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Glad to help..

Posted by Florian Boulay <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Boulay <f....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Scott, The last fix does correct the problem. I did not know that the
dot in the month was specific to the French locale. Hope this fix will be
useful for other locale too.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Boulay <f....@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,