Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/10/31 03:25:14 UTC

JNDI Provider in Turbine

Hi Eric,

Could you elaborate on the JNDI provider you have within Turbine.  Steve
pointed it out to me in this email you posted to the list Fri, 24 Oct 2003.

<snip/>

> > What I see left for 2.4!

> > * Finish integrating Fulrum Pool and Factory components.

> > * Implement a MerlinComponentService to replace the current

> >    Excalibur based AvalonComponentService.

> > * Update Fulcrum components to work with Merlin.

> > * Deprecate Turbine Security in favor of Fulcrum Security.

> > * This requires the LDAP provider from Turbine to be moved over.

This item above is the one I'm referring to.

Thanks,

Alex

RE: JNDI Provider in Turbine

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi Alex..

Congrats on joining the Avalon team!   As far as the JNDI provider, I
actually wasn't involved in the LDAP interface with turbine, but here is a
link to the code:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.4/xref/org/apache/turbine/servic
es/security/ldap/package-summary.html

As you can see, there is a lot of cruft because of the way the existing
security is written, in the fulcrum-security project all the cruft is being
cleaned out.

There is also this chunk of code:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.4/xref/org/apache/turbine/servic
es/naming/package-summary.html.  Not sure really what the status on it is..

Does this help?

Eric