Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by smjain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/24 15:30:50 UTC

Re: javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: Item cannot be saved because it has been modified externally: node /

Well I am facing the same issue and a little confused now.

We have multiple threads first adding a node to the parent node and then
adding some properties to the child

node. I think doing it this way will hold the lock for the root node and
will serialize all access to the root node.

I am thinking of saving the session after adding the child node to release
the lock for the root node. Adding

properties to child nodes will aquire lock for individual child nodes and
should allow concurrent writes.

Do we also need to change the Locking Strategy to FineGrainedISMLocking to
allow concurrent writes still

The link somehow points to serialization of writes with DefaultLocking

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/concurrency-control.html

Please share your thoughts. I am stuck up here

Thanks
Shashank