Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by shim hyunju <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2002/01/27 02:32:50 UTC

inquiry about SVG tool kit

Hi
I am a student who is learning SVG now.
I downloaded SVG tool kit(batik1.1.1 and batik-src-1.1.1) from apache site.
However I have some problems to use those.

First, about batik-src-1.1.1
When I tried to use SVG browser with the command "build svgbrowser" under
xml-batik directory, there was an error message of "Bad command or file
name."
It was same when I tried to run "build svgrasterizer" from xml-batik
directory, too.

  Second, about batik1.1.1
  I could successfully start SVG browser, and convert SVG file into PNG file
using SVG rasterizer.
  However, when I tried to convert SVG file into JPG file, there was an
error message saying "ERROR: The JPEG quality has not been specified. use
the default one: no compression"
  After I got this error message, I could find converted JPG file but with
no contents.(There was nothing inside of the JPG file)

What do I have to do to successfully convert SVG files into JPG file?
Please help me.
I need to make SVG file into JPG file for my class project.

Thanks for taking your time to read this mail.
I will be waiting for your mail.

Hyunju Shim

1216 SW 2nd Ave. # 66
Gainesville, FL 32601
Home: (352)378 -2595
Email: hshim@cise.ufl.edu

Re: inquiry about SVG tool kit

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
On Sunday 27 January 2002 02:32, shim hyunju wrote:
> Hi
> I am a student who is learning SVG now.
> I downloaded SVG tool kit(batik1.1.1 and batik-src-1.1.1) from apache site.
> However I have some problems to use those.
>
> First, about batik-src-1.1.1
> When I tried to use SVG browser with the command "build svgbrowser" under
> xml-batik directory, there was an error message of "Bad command or file
> name."
> It was same when I tried to run "build svgrasterizer" from xml-batik
> directory, too.
>
>   Second, about batik1.1.1
>   I could successfully start SVG browser, and convert SVG file into PNG
> file using SVG rasterizer.

I guess you are working on a Linux box. chmod +x build.sh will solve the
problem.

>   However, when I tried to convert SVG file into JPG file, there was an
> error message saying "ERROR: The JPEG quality has not been specified. use
> the default one: no compression"
>   After I got this error message, I could find converted JPG file but with
> no contents.(There was nothing inside of the JPG file)

In order to convert an SVG file into a JPG image, you need to set on the
command line the compression ratio. For futher details, launch the rasterizer
with no parameter - the available commmand line options will be displayed.

Thierry.