Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2012/10/17 15:00:42 UTC

[EVENTS] Ceph workshops with CloudStack integration (Netherlands)

Hi,

On November 2nd there will be a full day of Ceph workshops in Amsterdam
(The Netherlands) organized by 42on and Inktank.

Ceph is an Open source (LGPLv2) distributed object store which has been
integrated into CloudStack 4.0 (due to come out). I wrote this
integration for RBD primary storage.

RBD is the distributed block device build on top of the Ceph object
store RADOS.

With Ceph you are able to scale hundreds of Terabytes, even Petabytes of
primary storage behind your CloudStack cluster.

While the day is mainly focused on Ceph I will be giving a 1hr "Cloud
integration talk" about the integration into CloudStack.

During the day there will also be multiple demos of the RBD integration
into CloudStack.

More information can be found at: https://www.42on.com/events/

Wido

N.B.: This is not a free event. The early bird (Until Friday) is EUR
64,00. It's not our goal to make a profit on this event. It's to cover
the costs for the location, lunch and the drinks. We'll still be adding
money to this event.