Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Anders R. Sveen" <an...@f12.no> on 2004/08/05 13:05:33 UTC

Validation ignored

I've got a formbean and a action that is working, but I can't apply validation.
(config below) Through my debugger I can see that the validate() method is
called, which in turn calls super.validate(). The getCountryid() method on the
form is NEVER acessed upon submit.

--- struts-config.xml ---

<form-bean name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"
type="view.card.forms.Application"/>

<action path="/new/drivercard/create"
	type="view.card.actions.CreateDriverCard"
	scope="request"
	validate="true"
	parameter="command"
	name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"
	input="/new/drivercard/create.do">
	<forward
		name="display"
		path="tiles_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"/>
</action>

--- validation.xml ---
<form name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo">
	<field property="countryid" depends="required">
		<arg0 key="card.apply.driver.validate.countryid.required"/>
	</field>
</form>

Is there something really obvious I'm missing here or is there something else
wrong?

Thanks,
Anders,

--
Anders R. Sveen
anders@f12.no

Re: Validation ignored

Posted by "Anders R. Sveen" <an...@f12.no>.
Sorry guys. I figured it out. It helps extending ValidatorForm. Doh. ;)

Anders,

Quoting "Anders R. Sveen" <an...@f12.no>:

> I've got a formbean and a action that is working, but I can't apply
> validation.
> (config below) Through my debugger I can see that the validate() method is
> called, which in turn calls super.validate(). The getCountryid() method on
> the
> form is NEVER acessed upon submit.
>
> --- struts-config.xml ---
>
> <form-bean name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"
> type="view.card.forms.Application"/>
>
> <action path="/new/drivercard/create"
> 	type="view.card.actions.CreateDriverCard"
> 	scope="request"
> 	validate="true"
> 	parameter="command"
> 	name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"
> 	input="/new/drivercard/create.do">
> 	<forward
> 		name="display"
> 		path="tiles_card_new_driver_applicantinfo"/>
> </action>
>
> --- validation.xml ---
> <form name="form_card_new_driver_applicantinfo">
> 	<field property="countryid" depends="required">
> 		<arg0 key="card.apply.driver.validate.countryid.required"/>
> 	</field>
> </form>
>
> Is there something really obvious I'm missing here or is there something
> else
> wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Anders,