Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jim Bloggs <lo...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/02/15 01:05:47 UTC

Can anyone explain this

Greetings Cocooner!

My setup is Windows/Tomcat5.0.18/Cocoon2.1.3 and some really weird things
are happening but I'm new to cocoon so maybe I'm missing something really
obvious.

      <map:match pattern="jobcentre/">
       <map:read src="minimal/index.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
      </map:match>

Whenever I have a matcher like the above, right at the start of my
pipeline, on cocoon 2.1.3, I am finding that I get a resource not found
error whenever I hit on http://localhost:8080/cocoon/jobcentre/

However, the really weird thing is that if I go into the jobcentre
directory under cocoon (there is one and that's what seems to be causing
the problem) and delete index.htm then the problem disappears. Let me
emphasize I don't change the sitemap, I simply delete a file which is in
a directory that cocoon ought not even to be accessing at this point, and
all is well.

Can anyone explain this?

Many thanks.

best, Jim

RE: Can anyone explain this

Posted by Jim Bloggs <lo...@fastmail.fm>.
Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have since discovered through experimentation that if I move all the
relevant stuff into a subsitemap in the jobcentre directory the problem
goes away. The matcher simply matches on pattern="" without problems.

Don't know what was causing the problem, but I may go back and experiment
some more with what you suggested if I get a chance, and I'll let you
know. In the meantime, I'm going with the subsitemap alternative as it is
clearly preferable in general. I only recently discovered subsitemaps.

I _do_ appreciate your taking the trouble to reply and, once again, I'm
sorry for not getting back sooner.

best, Jim

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:20:51 -0000, "Rob Gregory" <Mi...@RosesGroup.com>
said:

> Hi Jim
>
> Try changing the sitemap to something like:-
>
>       <map:match pattern="jobcentre**">
>        <map:read src="context://minimal/index.htm"
> mime-type="text/html"/>
>       </map:match>
>
> OR
>
>       <map:match pattern="jobcentre/*">
>        <map:read src="context://minimal/index.htm"
> mime-type="text/html"/>
>       </map:match>
>
> And let me know the results...
>
> Rob

                          unladen european swallow

RE: Can anyone explain this

Posted by Rob Gregory <Mi...@RosesGroup.com>.
Hi Jim

Try changing the sitemap to something like:-

      <map:match pattern="jobcentre**">
       <map:read src="context://minimal/index.htm"
mime-type="text/html"/>
      </map:match>

OR

      <map:match pattern="jobcentre/*">
       <map:read src="context://minimal/index.htm"
mime-type="text/html"/>
      </map:match>

And let me know the results...

Rob

> > > //Post
> > > My setup is Windows/Tomcat5.0.18/Cocoon2.1.3 and some really weird
> > > things
> > > are happening but I'm new to cocoon so maybe I'm missing something
> > > really
> > > obvious.
> > >
> > >       <map:match pattern="jobcentre/">
> > >        <map:read src="minimal/index.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
> > >       </map:match>
> > >
> > > Whenever I have a matcher like the above, right at the start of my
> > > pipeline, on cocoon 2.1.3, I am finding that I get a
> resource not found
> > > error whenever I hit on http://localhost:8080/cocoon/jobcentre/
> > >
> > > However, the really weird thing is that if I go into the jobcentre
> > > directory under cocoon (there is one and that's what
> seems to be causing
> > > the problem) and delete index.htm then the problem
> disappears. Let me
> > > emphasize I don't change the sitemap, I simply delete a
> file which is in
> > > a directory that cocoon ought not even to be accessing at
> this point,
> > > and
> > > all is well.
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain this?
>
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:13:48 -0000, "Rob Gregory"
> <Mi...@RosesGroup.com>
> said:
> > Are you getting the resource not found error from Cocoon or
> from your
> > sevlet container? Sounds like the request is not getting as far as
> > cocoon...
> >

> Hi,
> Thanks for the speedy reply. Sorry it took me so long to get back.
>
> The error message is definitely coming from cocoon. In
> addition, it says,
>
>    "org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
>
> file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat->
5.0.18/webapps/cocoon/jobcentre/index.htm.xml

RE: Can anyone explain this

Posted by Jim Bloggs <lo...@fastmail.fm>.

http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but differentÂ…

RE: Can anyone explain this