Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steven R Faber <sf...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2007/06/05 22:38:36 UTC

getting started

I'm trying to get maven 2.0.6 installed using a proxy
on a Windows XP PC with jdk1.5.0_11.
I managed to get the path variable set as described
although there are 2 different descriptions in the documentation,
one using a M2_HOME and one not, so I'm assuming you don't need
M2_HOME.  I do get the mvn --version to work OK, but cannot
access anything on the web.  I wasn't sure where ~/.m2/ was supposed to be
on a Win XP system but after running filemon I saw it was looking
for something under C:\Documents and Settings\username\.m2  so i copied
the settings.xml there and changed the proxy to match our company's
configuration.  I also changed the local repository to be C:\repo,
however it seems to still use ~/.m2/repository and maven is unable to
get any jars from the internet.  It seems to be finding the settings.xml
now but it isn't clear if the settings are being used.  It seems that
the documentation has a couple different formats shown for setting the
proxy with elements in different orders.  I tried both ways and also
with and without some other elements that may or may not be optional.
Can anyone help?

Steve

Re: getting started

Posted by Vanja Petreski <vp...@gmail.com>.
Create the settings.xml in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\.m2\ file
with the similar structure:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

Vanja