Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Sander van Zoest <sa...@covalent.net> on 2001/04/04 02:47:54 UTC

--srcdir still broken (was Re: new /usr/local/apache2..)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Right.  And the big question is just how much we have to fit into
> how autoconf does things and how much we sould avoid "the autoconf way".

While we are talking about autoconf, build and dirs. I would like to
point out that AFAIK the --srcdir option is still broken because of
the dependancy of apr-util on apr. The problem is that because you
build with a clean src dir and a seperate obj dir you will have to
specify both dirs to apr-util ./configure instead of just --with-apr.

Because --with-apr is expected to have both the src and generated files.

I tried to work on this somewhat but I am not familiar with autoconf
at all, so I didn't really get far. If anyone feels like taking a
stab at this during ApacheCon feel free. I might try to work on it
some, I will be around so just hunt me down if you need me for
whatever reason.

Cheers,

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [sander@covalent.net]