Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Steven Núñez <st...@illation.com> on 2013/12/06 08:12:17 UTC

Zookeeper Dependency in Hadoop?

Gents,

I’m rewinding and starting from scratch. Does anyone know why when installing only Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, M/R), there is a dependency on Zookeeper? BigTop 0.70.

Regards,
- SteveN

Re: Zookeeper Dependency in Hadoop?

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
I believe this is also to help us harmonize the versions of some libraries
that are used by multiple components. As a rule, Bigtop doesn't modify the
upstream releases, but we've run into problems where multiple versions of a
library end up included in the same classpath. There is a library that the
Hadoop packages use from ZooKeeper even when HA is not in use. ZooKeeper
was chosen because on any real set up, it's almost always present anyway.

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Steven,