Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2013/12/04 22:52:49 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #304: Default product is not the default option in the ticket quick create or newticket form

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> [...]
>>

>> > The "default product" ([multiproduct] default_product_prefix) is an
>> > entirely different option than "[ticket] default_product". The latter
>> > determines the default value for new tickets in the same way that
>> > default_component, default_version, ... act.
>> >
>> > The admin panel that sets "[ticket] default_product" already exists. You
>> > can find it by going to /admin/ticket/products and see Ticket System >
>> > Products.
>> >

>> Oh sorry ! Now I see . My mistake ... :-$
>

> No problem, you'll see in #569 that I was repeatedly confused about these
> two options and kept interchanging the two.

It seems that i.a.o is down at the moment, or at least no reachable from
where I am.

Proposed fix for #304 can be found in:
https://github.com/rjollos/bloodhound/tree/t304.2

With the changes proposed, the `[ticket] default_product` value that can be
set through the //Manage Products// admin page will be used as the default
product **when at global scope**,  provided its value has been set. The QCT
will still disable the //Create// button if there is no default in the
select, so the existing behavior is preserved when `[ticket]
default_product` has not been set. The behavior is also unchanged when at
product scope - at product scope we default to the product in scope.

When selecting the //More fields// link and navigating to the full New
ticket form, the user is currently always directed to the first product in
the list, which is usually the "@" product. We should either make the
Product selectable from the form, or default to `[ticket] default_product`.
I believe this has been discussed on the list before, so I will look into
it next.