Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Joery Vreijsen <jh...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/19 15:59:44 UTC

Invoke Camel Backlog Tracer

Hi There!

First of all this is my first time posting in the the mailing list, so any feedback is appreciated.

Im currently experimenting with the Backlog Tracer as we are currently upgrading our application to Camel 2.20.1 and the “old” Tracer is Deprecated.
In the documentation (http://camel.apache.org/backlogtracer.html) i was looking for an example to invoke the Backlog Tracer in a Blueprint xml.

This is what i tried (as it was working for the Tracer):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
           xmlns:camel="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint"
           xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0
           http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd">

    <bean id="backlogTracer" class="org.apache.camel.processor.interceptor.BacklogTracer">
        <property name="enabled" value="true"/>
    </bean>

    <camelContext id=“context-1" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint”>
        // Example route
        <route id=“route-1”>
            <from uri="direct://in"/>
            <to uri="direct://out"/>
        </route>
    </camelContext>

</blueprint>

Unfortunately this results in the blueprint saying the BacklogTracer is already instantiated.
org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Name backlogTracer is already instanciated as null and cannot be removed.

Any suggestions how to enable the Backlog Tracer by default in a blueprint xml?

All help is appreciated!

Greetings,

- Joery