Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eugene Poole <et...@adelphia.net> on 2005/04/26 13:32:23 UTC

Tutorial

I'm looking for a Tomcat tutorial that works!  I want to teach myself,
if possible.  Where can I find a tutorial that covers Apache, Tomcat,
Java2 1.4.x, and a database (hopefully Oracle) running on Fedora Core 3?

Gene
etpoole@adelphia.net

Re: Tutorial

Posted by ve...@warpdriveonline.com.
Gene:

Try http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/book1.html

I found it to be excellent.

Venki

Re: Tutorial

Posted by Jorge Davila <is...@nicaraguarealestate.com>.
Well.. the first thing to do is download all files.

In fedora core 3 there are some things that not run will the java
installation packed with the system. If posible, don't install java from
fc3's cd.

Install java, then tomcat.

In my opinion the best source of information for java is:

http://java.sun.com/docs
http://www.jdocentral.com

For tomcat:

If you has successfully installed Java install Tomcat and try

http://127.0.0.1:8080/tomcat-docs/

Additionally:

You can search information in:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/index.html

About the Object/Relational Java Bridge.

Best regards,

Jorge Dávila.