Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by dfom <da...@gefommt.de> on 2013/02/12 17:36:18 UTC

[T5.3.6] auto-submitting ajax checkbox

Hi,

I need a checkbox that submits the form automatically when clicked.
Additionally it must use ajax.

I put a "zone" parameter into the "form" tag to activate ajax. Into the
"checkbox" tag I added an "onclick" parameter with javascript that submits
the form. The effect is that a regular submit button behaves ajax, the
auto-submit checkbox does not. The whole page is refreshed.

Does anybody know why?

Thank you in advance!

Daniel

Re: [T5.3.6] auto-submitting ajax checkbox

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
How are you submitting the form?
Here some things for you to look at that will help you submitting Tapestry form properly:

Here is some code that submits the form properly via Ajax:
http://code.google.com/p/flowlogix/source/browse/tapestry-services/src/main/resources/com/flowlogix/web/mixins/DisableAfterSubmit.js
Here is the thread:
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/T5-3-Component-with-AJAX-Form-td5676954.html

Posted by dfom <da...@gefommt.de>.
Thank you for your help.

The hidden submit button was all I needed.

Re: [T5.3.6] auto-submitting ajax checkbox

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Your situation sounds simple enough to be solved by a hidden submit button, like this:

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/filteredgrid

and let Tapestry do the rest.