Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by amit <am...@realityinfo.com> on 2000/08/21 13:47:55 UTC

Urgent !!!

Hi ALL,

I'm  interested to test a E-Com Site.
Currently ,I'm interested to test it's performance
and overall deployment concerned issues.

With this regard please try to provide answer of  my
following query  :

Is it possible to run two servers (Server Softwares) on a single
machine on single hard disk ,with same IP address but with
DIFFERENT  port  numbers ?
e.g.
Say  IIS (Internet Information Server From Microsoft) and Apache
Server (for Win NT) from Apache Foundation) are running , without
interference , on the same machine with same IP address but  with
different  port numbers(say 80 for IIS and 8080 for Apache).

With This Regard Please Provide the needful info and co-operate
with me.Thanking You.

Any  Resources / URLs / Book Names With  This Regard
Are  WEL-COME  !!!

With Luv,
-Amit
amit@realityinfo.com
Sansui Software Pvt. Ltd.,Pune

Re: Urgent !!!

Posted by Thomas Hagedorn <Th...@alcatel.de>.
Hi AMit,

sometimes I ran 4 instances of Apache on several ports for totally
different applications and they behave every instance as a sole
instance.
Same on another machine: running IIE (.-(((() on port 80, Apache on
port 8008 and tomcat(as webserver) on 8080 and I got no troubles.
The only thing I don't know is the behave of IIE on other ports than 80

best regards
tom

 Am Mon, 21 Aug 2000 schrieben Sie: