Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/26 11:55:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Hi,

that is the second Release Candidate (the first Candidate was voted
negative on the openmeetings dev mailing list and did not came that far)

There was already a vote at the OpenMetings Dev mailing list.
Results:
PPMC:
aaf +1 (mentor)
solomax +1
eschwert +1
alvaro +1

Wider Community: 3 times +3

Result Vote Thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-openmeetings-dev/201206.mbox/%3CCACeMiA9MMjmZCbKKQ9ud64i4OPV2FJ9h6daqoS5q9%3DxOZVad_w%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The Vote Thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-openmeetings-dev/201206.mbox/%3CCACeMiA9Xo7B13C14Uqq8VF%3DTCh3C7PNX6%2BQ4YJvO0cDej0e9vA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Main changes are covered in the Readme:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0RC2/README

Full Changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0RC2/CHANGELOG

Release artefacts:
http://people.apache.org/~sebawagner/rc2/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0RC2/

PGP release keys (signed using 93A30395):
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/project/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Best regards.

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I am closing the vote. Vote is not passed.

Two times requests to change the LICENSE and NOTICE file.
Source files should be provided as ZIP too.

No positive votes but also no further negative feedback.

Sebastian

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
@sebb About the duplicated JARs in our binary packages:
Those JARs are different from the JARs in WEB-INF/lib or Server's lib.
Those JARs are signed by a certificate and used by a Java Web-Start
application. This Web-Start application is the Screensharing/Recording
client during conference sessions in OpenMeetings.
That is why those JARs are duplicated in different folders.
I don't think we will change anything about that, the signed JARs for the
client and the Web-Applications JARs should stay in different folders.
There might be a way to virtually make the JARs from the server's lib
folder available for the Web-Start application but I don't think mixing
those JARs will have a good effect on how easy it is for 3th party to
understand which JARs are necessary for the Web-Start client.
End users might for example use their own certificate to sign those JARs to
get rid of WebStarts warning box. If we obfuscate the path to the JARs by
mixing them there will be no additional value for the end user.

Sebastian

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Screen sharing logs are reduced: revision 1355299

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:43 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:

> @Sebb: Which of the Libraries do you think are duplicates?
>
> About License VS Notice file. From what I understood from
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license
>

> "The NOTICE document is for additional copyright and attribution statements
> those licenses may require."
> => As all libraries that are shipped are compliant to the Apache License I
> would have expected that it is sufficient to only add a section to the
> Notice file where the License requires additionall attribution.
> All 3th party licenses are in the License file.
> I don't see any requirements for duplicating the same in the Notice file.

If all of the 3rd party libraries were released by the ASF and their NOTICE files were only attributions to the ASF, you would be correct. However, if a 3rd party file was something like:

"Apache Foo
Copyright 2012 The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software developed by

Portions of the Bar Component were orginally developed by the Baz Corporation."

You need to give the same attribution to the Baz Corporation.

If a 3rd party library was released under AL v2 but by an entity other than the ASF, you need to include the entire NOTICE.

One final note, if the NOTICE file contains attributions which do not apply to your redistribution (e.g. you don't include the Bar component), you can/should leave that out of your NOTICE.

If there's no NOTICE, you don't need to do anything.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenMeetings 2.0-incubating (Candidate 2)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.