Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Frazier <ef...@kwinternet.com> on 2002/05/10 04:41:40 UTC

Really long file names in directory listings

Hi,

I forgot to ask this when I first joined the list, it has bugged me for a
long time. My wife a while ago uploaded a ton of MP3 files and was her web
space on my machine to store them. The problem of course was that some of
the songs had names that were way way longer than what apache would display
on the listing before it got to the ... So is there a way to fix it so you
can see the whole thing no matter how long the file name?
I can't show the result of my search because it was a while ago, but I
looked pretty hard and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Eric

http://www.kwinternet.com/eric
(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)

"Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant

Re: Really long file names in directory listings

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.
Eric Frazier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot to ask this when I first joined the list, it has bugged me for a
> long time. My wife a while ago uploaded a ton of MP3 files and was her web
> space on my machine to store them. The problem of course was that some of
> the songs had names that were way way longer than what apache would display
> on the listing before it got to the ... So is there a way to fix it so you
> can see the whole thing no matter how long the file name?
> I can't show the result of my search because it was a while ago, but I
> looked pretty hard and couldn't find anything.

you can experiment with something like
IndexOptions FancyIndexing ScanHTMLTitles SuppressLastModified
NameWidth=* DescriptionWidth=*

--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |

Re: Really long file names in directory listings

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
If she is accessing it from a Windows desktop, have you considered using
mod_dav in Apache?
It will make it appear as a network folder, she can easily
add/remove/list/enqueue songs that way

Daniel