Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Heydrick <ms...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/18 23:51:44 UTC

1.3.23 linking problem on hp-ux 11

I'm having problems building Apache 1.3.23 on HP-UX 11.0 with the September
QPK1100 installed. It happens with both gcc 2.95.1 and 3.0.4. I have the
latest linker and libm patch. I can build 1.3.6 just fine.

Here's where it dies:

/home/heydrick/testlocal/bin/gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DHPUX11
-DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci`
modules.c
as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
/home/heydrick/testlocal/bin/gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DHPUX11
-DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci`
buildmark.c
as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
/home/heydrick/testlocal/bin/gcc  -DHPUX11 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci`    \
      -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o modules/standard/libstandard.a
main/libmain.a ./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a
lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a  -lm -lpthread -lm
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   _Isinf (first referenced in ap/libap.a(ap_cpystrn.o)) (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/heydrick/apache_1.3.23/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/heydrick/apache_1.3.23'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Any clues? Thanks. -Eric

RE: virtual host weirdness with apache configuration tool

Posted by Todd Ellner <te...@cedarlake.com>.
James Harr [mailto:james@grickle.org]wrote:

>What happens with apache is that when you declare a virtual host, it
ignores the >global/default server (for any/all ips). Then the first vhost
(name based or not) for that >ip is the default... There is an easy way to
correct this:

[snip excellent advice]

Yes!!!! It works! Thank you very much.

Now if I could just get netsol to either give me some sort of meaningful
DNS control or at least release my domains to a registrar that will....

Re: virtual host weirdness with apache configuration tool

Posted by James Harr <ja...@grickle.org>.
Hi Todd,

What happens with apache is that when you declare a virtual host, it ignores the global/default server (for any/all ips). Then the first vhost (name based or not) for that ip is the default... There is an easy way to correct this:

Before:
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.1
ServerName foo.com
<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>
  ServerName webmail.foo.com
</VirtualHost>

After:
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.1
ServerName foo.com
<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>
  # Catch all which gets the default settings from global/default server.
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>
  ServerName webmail.foo.com
</VirtualHost>

Hope that helps.

Later,
James Harr

PS - learn apache manual configuration, it's a lot more fun and it helps in trouble shooting