Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com> on 2005/02/03 20:15:08 UTC

mod_perl, Apache::DBI, and transactions

Can anyone point me to some good references on using transactions in a
mod_perl framework

My naive and possibly wrong view, is that it would be difficult to
handle transactions if DBI is recycling/sharing the connections and
making them persist

It's naive, and I'm dumb about this though.

Re: mod_perl, Apache::DBI, and transactions

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

http://modperlbook.com/html/ch20_01.html

> My naive and possibly wrong view, is that it would be difficult to
> handle transactions if DBI is recycling/sharing the connections and
> making them persist

Read the Apache::DBI docs.  It issues a rollback on all open connections
at the end of every request.  If there's a specific scenario you're
concerned about, please elaborate.

- Perrin