Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org> on 2004/06/03 14:36:36 UTC

swf block

As we decided to deprecate the swf block
in the last 2.1.5 release I create a new
sample how to use flash with cocoon.

If there aren't any objections I will
nuke the swf block and add the flash
sample. (no further components are
needed anymore)

Everyone alright with that?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: swf block

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
>> I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Nothing fancy ...just a "hello world"
served by cocoon :) Gonna commit it
later on today then...

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: swf block

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 03.06.2004 14:44, Upayavira wrote:

>> As we decided to deprecate the swf block
>> in the last 2.1.5 release I create a new
>> sample how to use flash with cocoon.
>>
>> If there aren't any objections I will
>> nuke the swf block and add the flash
>> sample. (no further components are
>> needed anymore)
>>
>> Everyone alright with that?
>
> +1
>
> I'm interested to see what you come up with.

+1 Same here!

Joerg

Re: swf block

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> As we decided to deprecate the swf block
> in the last 2.1.5 release I create a new
> sample how to use flash with cocoon.
>
> If there aren't any objections I will
> nuke the swf block and add the flash
> sample. (no further components are
> needed anymore)
>
> Everyone alright with that?

+1

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Upayavira

Re: swf block

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Torsten Curdt dijo:
> As we decided to deprecate the swf block
> in the last 2.1.5 release I create a new
> sample how to use flash with cocoon.
>
> If there aren't any objections I will
> nuke the swf block and add the flash
> sample. (no further components are
> needed anymore)
>
> Everyone alright with that?

+1

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: swf block

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
>>> We've investigating KineticFusion (commercial, [1]) which does a nice
>>> job. Anybody else having some experience with it or some other
>>> equivalent tool?
>>

>> Looks interesting! I could not find any information about the pricing
>> though!?
>

> There's themselves not very sure about it :-)

hehe ...well, they could make it open source :-P

>> Would you share your code for the cocoon integration?
>

> The software is currently a command-line tool only, and they're working
> to make it a library. So the integration is really ugly as it forks a
> new JVM... Slow and hungry.

ok... I see

> But I'll keep you posted on progress.

cool bananas!

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: swf block

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> +1 since Spark is dead and not featured enough for some serious work.
>

> Too bad though :-/
>
>> But the need to produce Flash exists (opposed to having the Flash
>> fetching XML data) : we're using it to display animated diagrams on
>> small devices (PDAs & phones) where SVG is not available. In order to
>> save bandwidth and CPU, we send the diagram as a Flash movie
>> (generated by Cocoon), and XML fetching is only used for animation
>> (changing colors, moving objects, etc).
>>
>> We've investigating KineticFusion (commercial, [1]) which does a nice
>> job. Anybody else having some experience with it or some other
>> equivalent tool?
>

> Looks interesting! I could not find any information about the pricing
> though!?

There's themselves not very sure about it :-)

> Would you share your code for the cocoon integration?

The software is currently a command-line tool only, and they're working
to make it a library. So the integration is really ugly as it forks a
new JVM... Slow and hungry.

But I'll keep you posted on progress.

Sylvain

Re: swf block

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.

Re: swf block

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

[1] http://www.kinesissoftware.com/

Re: swf block

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 3 juin 04, à 14:36, Torsten Curdt a écrit :
> If there aren't any objections I will
> nuke the swf block and add the flash
> sample.

+1