Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/04/02 16:32:00 UTC

Re: Kafka and authentication

Hi Raja, do you have an ICLA https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt on
file with Apache?

One thought would be to branch a security branch at the commit you forked
from.  Then treat the rest of your commits as a contrib patch (requires
vote).

Then we could work on merging it into upstream and knock out some of the
security items.

Thoughts?

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Posted by Jonathan Hodges <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1 for security branch

We are willing to assist with the merge.