Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nunn, Gerald" <Ge...@CIBC.com> on 2007/05/09 16:26:47 UTC

APP-INF/lib and Developer Setup

In Maven I found an example of getting jars into APP-INF/lib from the Maven repository here http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/howto.html. I'm developing a WebLogic Portal application and in order for developers to iteratively work with the application the jars referenced by pom.xml for APP-INF/lib need to be physically present. Is there a plugin or command that developers can use to get Maven to automatically copy these jars or do I need to write something myself?

I realize they could do an mvn package and copy the jars from the target into EarContent/APP-INF/lib but I would prefer something more automated.

Thanks,

Gerald

Re: APP-INF/lib and Developer Setup

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/07, Nunn, Gerald <Ge...@cibc.com> wrote:
> In Maven I found an example of getting jars into APP-INF/lib from the Maven repository here http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/howto.html. I'm developing a WebLogic Portal application and in order for developers to iteratively work with the application the jars referenced by pom.xml for APP-INF/lib need to be physically present. Is there a plugin or command that developers can use to get Maven to automatically copy these jars or do I need to write something myself?
>
> I realize they could do an mvn package and copy the jars from the target into EarContent/APP-INF/lib but I would prefer something more automated.

Is http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/copy-dependencies-mojo.html
not what  you want?

Re: APP-INF/lib and Developer Setup

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
I don't understand your question. Where do you want to copy the jars?
Which kind of project? What physically present means?