Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/22 09:26:33 UTC

[ping] archetypeng release ?

Hi,

Any news on the release of this plugin ? Looking at [1] it seems that the
code was more than ready at the time ...  and jira doesn't list anything
major either for 2.0-alpha-1.  I'd say just get it out there and start
gathering real user feedback !

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.devel/81757

Re: [ping] archetypeng release ?

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/22, Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Raphaël,
>
> On Nov 22, 2007 11:41 AM, Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > There is currently a refactoring around the way archetypes are
> > known to the plugin and how they are deployed into repositories.
>

> Thanks, do you have any threads I can look at to understand better what is
> the blocking issue here  ?

The real blocking issue is the time...

> Is this new deployment mechanism core to the
> plugin's inner workings ?

I think so, because the deployment should be coupled with the download
mechanism
(or at least closely related)

Raphaël

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raphaël,

On Nov 22, 2007 11:41 AM, Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is currently a refactoring around the way archetypes are
> known to the plugin and how they are deployed into repositories.

Thanks, do you have any threads I can look at to understand better what is
the blocking issue here  ? Is this new deployment mechanism core to the
plugin's inner workings ?

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 22, 2007 6:35 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:

> I have two things to check:
>
> - Make sure that when run in the context of Maven (the embedder) that
> http proxying works
> - Make sure that everything works offline well (I've removed the wiki
> slurping as it proved to be entirely unreliable)
>
> Give it a week and I think we can cut a release.

OK cool, looking forward to give it a spin then !

Cheers,
Jorg

Re: [ping] archetypeng release ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 22 Nov 07, at 4:41 AM 22 Nov 07, Raphaël Piéroni wrote:

> Hi Jorg,
>
> There is currently a refactoring around the way archetypes are
> known to the plugin and how they are deployed into repositories.
>
> After that, the last main problem i see is documentation.
>
> Then i think we could release.
>
> Any one has toughs on this schedule ?

There are only a couple things that needed to be added to the API but
otherwise I think we can release it.

The integration is working in Eclipse and Eugene has only had a couple
issues so I think when we have our first successful integration (the
Maven Eclipse integration) then I think we'll be good to go. The
plugins are working with the few clients I've tried it with so I think
at the very least we can release an alpha. It probably could, but even
for the alpha I would like the current integration APIs to not change.
I have two things to check:

- Make sure that when run in the context of Maven (the embedder) that
http proxying works
- Make sure that everything works offline well (I've removed the wiki
slurping as it proved to be entirely unreliable)

Give it a week and I think we can cut a release.

> Raphaël
>
> 2007/11/22, Jorg Heymans <jo...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any news on the release of this plugin ? Looking at [1] it seems
>> that the
>> code was more than ready at the time ...  and jira doesn't list
>> anything
>> major either for 2.0-alpha-1.  I'd say just get it out there and
>> start
>> gathering real user feedback !
>>

>> Regards
>> Jorg