Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/13 22:15:17 UTC

validating not "" within a pull-down menu?

I have a pull-down menu with 3 values "", "gold", and "platinum". How can I
validate that "" is not the selected option?

---
Thanks
Mick Knutson

The world is a playground...Play Hard, Play Smart.
Visit  http://www.YourSoS.com to learn how our "Personal Emergency Alert &
Contact System" can help you Play Smart.

+00 1 (708) 570-2772 Fax
MSN: mickknutson
ICQ: 316498480
ICQ URL: http://wwp.icq.com/316498480

---

Re: validating not "" within a pull-down menu?

Posted by Koni Roth <ko...@bluewin.ch>.
See commons-validation which comes with struts. The 'required' attribute
does it for you.

<form name="myForm">
   <field property="pull-down-property" depends="required">
      <arg0   key="prompt.choose.gold.or.platinum"/>
   </field>
</form>

Cheers
Koni