Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by aquero <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/21 07:55:37 UTC

How to remove spamscore header from mail subjects in sent mails?

Hi,
I have installed spamassassin in my mailserver, to filter out spam mails. I
have configured spam assassin to include spam score in mail subjects by
adding the following config in local.cf file.

rewrite_header Subject [***** SPAM _SCORE_ *****]

When I sent mails from this server using javamail, the spamscore header is
appearing in it also. But I want the spamscore to appear only in mails sent
to my mail server. How can i fix this issue, please provide a solution.

Re: How to remove spamscore header from mail subjects in sent mails?

Posted by aquero <ar...@gmail.com>.

Daniel Lemke wrote:

> aquero wrote:
>>
>> When I sent mails from this server using javamail, the spamscore header
>> is appearing in it also. But I want the spamscore to appear only in mails
>> sent to my mail server. How can i fix this issue, please provide a
>> solution.
>>

> Looks like your MTA is configured to scan outgoing mails.
> This is not an issue of SpamAssassin but of your MTA configuration.
>
> Daniel

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I will try to change my mta configuration to scan
only outgoing mails. I am using postfix as my MTA, if you know how to
configure it, please provide it here. It will be a great help.

Re: How to remove spamscore header from mail subjects in sent mails?

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.