Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Prasanth J <bu...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 00:44:03 UTC

Documentation fix for SAMPLE operator

Just noticed that the description for SAMPLE operator has the description of SPLIT operator.

http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/basic.html#sample

Minor but useful fix :)

Not sure where and how the docs are managed so posting it here so that someone can fix it.

Thanks
-- Prasanth

Re: Documentation fix for SAMPLE operator

Posted by Prasanth J <bu...@gmail.com>.
Dmitriy,

Have already filed a bug and submitted patch. Here is the link to JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2814
This fix is for all versions starting from 0.7.0. I could verify the docs only till 0.7.0 version online.

Thanks
-- Prasanth

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
File a ticket please.

As far as how this is fixed, if you look at the base of the svn repo,
you'll see there is an area for documentation (it's written in xml which is
then made into pages via forrest)