Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org> on 2017/04/15 01:55:55 UTC

New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Hi,

I have one branch [1] for approval, SUREFIRE-1363.
Currently finished the local build successfully.

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.git;a=commit;h=c47c6bbaf857c71a23f0623b552c0e7b7ab28b4c

The changes are only about adding annotation @Override as transition from
Java 1.5 to 1.6, and using Charset in String constructor and method
String#getBytes().
Three classes had Windows new line endings and converted them to Unix new
lines.

Cheers
Tibor

Re: New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
>>still have Windows line endings
I will refactor these two classes to UNIX line ending.
Thx for pointing out this.

>>I am confused why the entire system uses two different character
encodings UTF-8/US-ASCII and ISO-8859-1

Class names are encoded in ASCII in byte code [1].
Right, this should not be ISO-8859-1.
Maybe historical reason.
I wanted to change this in SUREFIRE-1222, however I can do it here.
I wanted to make refactoring only.

UTF-8 is for reporting files, but I think this is bug and should be
according to ${project.reporting.outputEncoding}. I want to fix it in
SUREFIRE-1222. I have it in progress.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jvms/se7/html/jvms-4.html

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2017-04-15 um 03:55 schrieb Tibor Digana:
> Hi,
>
> I have one branch [1] for approval, SUREFIRE-1363.
> Currently finished the local build successfully.
>
> [1]
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.git;a=commit;h=c47c6bbaf857c71a23f0623b552c0e7b7ab28b4c
>
> The changes are only about adding annotation @Override as transition from
> Java 1.5 to 1.6, and using Charset in String constructor and method
> String#getBytes().
> Three classes had Windows new line endings and converted them to Unix new
> lines.

Several issues:

*