Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Velagapudi, Murali" <mu...@citigroup.com> on 2004/08/17 22:49:38 UTC

RE: reading password for FTP task (problem when calling ant from java)

Jan

  I did I am able to run my ftp task if i run from command line like
ant -Dpassword=chowdary(this is the dummy password to get the encrypted password) which runs very well ,but if i am trying to run that from java class i am getting problem due to ftp task (it says Could not create task or type of type: ftp.) ,what should i do here is there any issue with class path or some thing i kept the required jars for ftp ,i am giving the part of build.xml and java class here getftppwd target gets the decrypted password for ftp,let me know if you need any more inputs

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project basedir="." default="send_ist" name="cisbuild">

<target name="_init">
  <property name="home" value="c:/root" />
  <property name="ist_code_host" value="server.com" />
  <property name="ist_code_user" value="loginname" />
</target>

<target name="getftppwd" >
<taskdef name="getpassword" classname="GetPassword"/>
<getpassword password="${password}"
property="ftpserverpwd"/>
</target>

<target name="send_ist"
 depends="_init,getftppwd">
  <ftp server="${ist_code_host}"
       remotedir="/home/javacode"
       userid="${ist_code_user}"
       password="${ftpserverpwd}"
       separator="/"
       verbose="yes"
       binary="yes"

    <fileset dir="${home}">
      <include name="filename.zip"/>
    </fileset>

  </ftp>
</target>
</project>

and the java source is
public class RunAntBuild extends Ant {

    public RunAntBuild(String propertyName1, String propertyValue1) {

        project = new Project();
        project.init();
        Property property1 = createProperty();
        property1.setName(propertyName1);
        property1.setValue(propertyValue1);
    }

    public static void main(String args[])
    {
		try{
			RunAntBuild rab=new RunAntBuild("password","chowdary");
			rab.execute();
		}catch(Exception e)
		{
			e.printStackTrace();