Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by J�rgen Hermann <jh...@schiele-ct.de> on 1997/12/03 13:32:13 UTC

mod_cgi/1506: Differences to UNIX in SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO cgi vars

>Number:         1506
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Differences to UNIX in SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO cgi vars
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Using the cgi-bin scripts below, the following differences
appear in the output:

Using /cgi-bin/env.sh/foo/bar/UPPER you get
PATH_INFO=/foo/bar/UPPER
SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-bin/env.sh

Using /cgi-bin/env.bat/foo/bar/UPPER you get
PATH_INFO=/foo/bar/upper
SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-bin/env.bat/foo/bar/UPPER

Problems with 1.3b3 on NT:
1. PATH_INFO is lower-case
2. SCRIPT_NAME is too long (should be /cgi-bin/env.bat)

Is that intentional? It broke my cgi-bin, and I think that's
true for other scripts as well.

Thanks for your efforts.
>How-To-Repeat:
> cat env.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
echo
set

>Fix:
Make environment as similar to Unix as possible

@cd
@echo.
@set