Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com> on 2004/11/02 21:45:24 UTC

Use Tx store for /users and /roles and DB store for rest ?

Is it possible to do this ?  I am finding that the column length limitation
in Oracle is 4000 characters, which will limit the length of a property
string in the Properties table.  So, you can not update the members of a
group (ie, users) to have more than about 50 users (given the size of each
xml fragment representing a user member of the /roles/users group.

Is it possible then to have part of the slide tree go to the Tx store, so as
to get around this limitation, and the rest go to a Db store ?

Nick