Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Stephen Brady <st...@bitlev.com> on 2010/11/05 04:02:36 UTC

Gateway error when updating

I get the following stack trace on the Gateway after committing a change on
the Server webui.

Stepping back, I'm trying to deploy the Gateway bundles in my own Felix
2.0.5-based osgi framework (which is closely modeled off of Intalio's Jetty
embedded in Felix distro).  I've had no problems running the ACE gateway
going the pax route.  However, I'm not terribly familiar with pax, so I'm
not 100% clear what kind of setup/config it's doing.  But as far as I can
tell, I've made the appropriate configuration additions/changes in my osgi
framework to handle the ACE gateway so I'm at a loss now.

Thanks for the help!  This is a great project.

[Info ] [   ] Highest remote: 7.0.0 / Highest local: 6.0.0
[Info ] [   ] Installing version: 7.0.0
[Error] [   ] Error installing update
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.AbstractDeploymentPackage.getBundle(AbstractDeploymentPackage.java:115)
        at
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.UpdateCommand.execute(UpdateCommand.java:70)
        at
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.DeploymentSessionImpl.call(DeploymentSessionImpl.java:74)
        at
org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.DeploymentAdminImpl.installDeploymentPackage(DeploymentAdminImpl.java:215)
        at
org.apache.ace.deployment.deploymentadmin.DeploymentAdminDeployer.install(DeploymentAdminDeployer.java:51)
        at
org.apache.ace.deployment.task.DeploymentTaskBase.installVersion(DeploymentTaskBase.java:75)
        at
org.apache.ace.deployment.task.DeploymentUpdateTask.run(DeploymentUpdateTask.java:57)
        at org.apache.ace.scheduler.Executer.run(Executer.java:92)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Gateway error when updating

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On 8 Nov 2010, at 22:08 , Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Stephen Brady wrote:
>
>> To clarify, the specific bundles that I've tested with all have proper
>> symbolic names in the manifest, and still getBundle is encountering null
>> symbolic names.  I only referenced the possibility of a given bundle not
>> having a bundle symbolic name as something potentially to catch before
>> getting to getBundle (if this is not already being done).
>
> Hm, that's interesting. Could you post the manifest of one of the offending bundles, given that you can pinpoint one?)

I have not looked at the problem in detail, but could this be a case where the bundle's manifest is not the first thing in the jar file, causing the call to getBundle() to ultimately fail? I guess having such an offending bundle would reveal that.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Gateway error when updating

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Stephen,

I don't see anything strange in this manifest to be honest. Is it possible to send us this bundle so we can have a look? It probably makes sense to open up a JIRA issue and attach it to that.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Stephen Brady <st...@bitlev.com>.

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu>.
Hi,

Posted by Stephen Brady <st...@bitlev.com>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu>.

Posted by Stephen Brady <st...@bitlev.com>.

Posted by Angelo van der Sijpt <an...@luminis.eu>.
Hi Stephen,

Without knowing what exactly runs in your framework, it's a bit hard to know what exactly is happening. Still, it should be very well possible to use your own framework, and drop the right bundles and configuration into it.