Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Perrier, Nathan" <np...@ptc.com> on 2010/12/14 17:42:02 UTC

Ant Log File Syntax Highlighting

I spend a lot of time digging through Ant logs in text editors, as I'm
sure we all do.

I'm wondering if there exists a syntax highlighting definition file that
would, for instance, add style to the targets or tasks.  I think it
would make them much easier to read.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?

Thanks,

-Nathan

AW: Ant Log File Syntax Highlighting

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>I spend a lot of time digging through Ant logs in text editors, as I'm
>sure we all do.
>

>I'm wondering if there exists a syntax highlighting definition
>file that
>would, for instance, add style to the targets or tasks.  I think it
>would make them much easier to read.
>

>Does anyone know if something like this exists?

The easiest thing is using a Log4J logger and use existing Log4J
"viewers".

Jan

Re: Ant Log File Syntax Highlighting

Posted by Robert Kirkpatrick <ro...@eridan.net>.

Le 14/12/2010 19:07, Antoine Levy-Lambert a écrit :
> On 12/14/2010 11:42 AM, Perrier, Nathan wrote:
>> I spend a lot of time digging through Ant logs in text editors, as I'm
>> sure we all do.
>>

>> I'm wondering if there exists a syntax highlighting definition file that
>> would, for instance, add style to the targets or tasks.  I think it
>> would make them much easier to read.
>>

>> Does anyone know if something like this exists?
>>

> I have seen this type of functionality developed in two different companies as part of company
> specific build software but never as open source tool.
> In both cases as far as I can remember ant logs are captured in XML format, and XSLT is used
> to do the desired formatting.
Yes indeed,
I have done that recently.
Not very hard, but requires Xml task <http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/>

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Kajsa Anderson <ka...@thomsonreuters.com>.
I've used one with TextPad several years ago (available through TextPad's
extras downloads). There also seems to be something of the sort built into
Eclipse, but I haven't tried to extract it for use with any other editor.

--
Kajsa Anderson

--
Kajsa Anderson