Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/25 15:06:02 UTC

Key length limitations

I've read that in HBase there is a recommended limit on key lengths because
they're passed around quite a bit. Is the same true of accumulo?  Are there
any recommendations in this regard?

Re: Key length limitations

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Yes, I mean the row, column family, column qualifier (and also column
visibility).
I had intended "each", not "total", because 1K is probably too
constraining for some applications, but I don't think you'd see any
significant difference between the two, as they are on the same order
of magnitude.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii