Posted to user@livy.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/28 14:24:23 UTC

can someone explain what this is livy.rsc.launcher.port ?

Hi All,

Can someone explain what this is

livy.rsc.launcher.port.range = 10000~10110

Sometimes I have all the 10 ports open I am not sure why?
How do I make sure this doesn't happen?

Thanks!

Re: can someone explain what this is livy.rsc.launcher.port ?

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
That port range is used by interactive sessions for the server and client
to communicate. The default range is 10 ports, so IIUC if you want to run
more than 10 concurrent interactive sessions you'll need to extend that
range. If I misunderstood this someone else can feel free to correct me.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com